Jeffrey Sutton, MD
Jeffrey Sutton, M.D. FSSO is a fellowship-trained surgical oncologist who specializes in robotic and laparoscopic treatment of various cancers as well as the treatment of soft tissue malignancies. In addition, he has expertise in cytoreduction and heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy (CRS-HIPEC) as a treatment strategy for patients with peritoneal metastases from various primary tumor sites. At MUSC Health, he leads the expansion of the HIPEC program and minimally invasive surgical approaches to GI malignancies along with the treatment of patients with melanoma and sarcoma.
Prior to joining MUSC, Dr. Sutton was an assistant professor of Surgery and associate program director for the general surgery residency program in the Department of General Surgery at the University of Toledo Medical Center/ProMedica Toledo Hospital in Toledo, Ohio.
Dr. Sutton is an active member of multiple national societies, which include the Society of Surgical Oncology, Association for Surgical Education, American College of Surgeons, Association of Academic Surgery, Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract, and Pancreas Club. Dr. Sutton's research efforts are quite impressive. He currently has 48 peer-reviewed manuscripts, 27 oral presentations, 24 poster presentations to his name many of which he served as a Lead Author.
Dr. Sutton completed his Complex General Surgical Oncology Fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania during which he earned a certificate in Medical Education. Prior to this, he completed his general surgery residency at University of Cincinnati Medical Center in Cincinnati, Ohio. During residency, he received numerous awards for teaching residents and medical students as well as for research.
- Fellowship at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Medical School at University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Residency at University of Cincinnati Medical Center
- Medical School at University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Preferred Blue (PPC)