Frank Voss, MD
Frank Voss, MD
Frank Richard Voss, MD
Dr. Voss is a fellowship trained total joint surgeon currently practicing in Charleston, SC at the Medical University of South Carolina. He is originally from Indiana and received his undergraduate degree from Brown University in 1982. He studied Biochemistry as his major and played water polo. In 1986 he completed his medical training at Harvard Medical School. He completed two years of general surgery at the Brigham and Womens' Hospital and then 4 years of orthopaedic surgery residency in the Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Program. A one-year fellowship in joint replacement at Rush Presbyterian in Chicago followed. For the first 29 years of practice, he worked for the USC School of Medicine in Columbia, SC. His practice has focused on hip and knee replacement surgery. He also performs osteotomies around the knee.
He and his wife Tracy, an internist, moved their practices to MUSC in the Spring of 2022.
Since 2003 he has been involved in coding for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery. He started out as the representative from the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons to the AAOS Coding and Reimbursement committee. Since 2016, he has served as the AAOS representative to the AMA Current Procedural Technology committee. There he helps present new codes and helps to define their utilization.
He has a wife and 3 children and one grandchild. His avocations are swimming, triathlons, and games.
- Fellowship at Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center
- Residency at Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Medical School at Harvard Medical School
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Preferred Blue (PPC)