Evert Eriksson, MD
Evert Eriksson, MD
Evert Austin Eriksson, MD
Dr. Evert Eriksson is a general surgeon who specializes in injuries to the chest wall as well as complex hernia repair. He strives to provide the best operative and non-operative treatment plan for these difficult problems. Each patient's problem is unique and requires a unique treatment plan to obtain the best outcome and recovery. He offers both virtual telehealth clinic visits as well as in-person clinic visit options.
Over ten years ago, Dr. Eriksson began improving the operative and non-operative management of rib and sternal fractures at MUSC. A non-operative treatment plan was developed to minimize narcotic use and decrease patients time in the hospital. Through research at MUSC and in conjunction with the Chest Wall Injury Society, he has decreased patients pain and improved their recovery. Currently we offer patients with rib fractures modern day management of rib and sternal fractures including: surgical stabilization, medical management, ultrasound therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and pain management. He also manages patients with nonunion / malunion fractures and fractures that did not heal completely. Additionally, he has treated several patients with slipped rib syndrome and rib tip syndrome.
His hernia practice consists of thoracic and abdominal wall hernias. Dr. Eriksson offers both open and laparoscopic repair of ventral and flank (side) hernias. He has performed several complex ventral hernia repairs with the addition of botox therapy to relax the muscles. He also specializes in traumatic hernias from injury. He also manages costal margin injuries that are a special type of hernia that involves the abdomen and chest.
If you would like an appointment with Dr. Eriksson please call 843-792-3780 or self-schedule using the above links.
- Trauma recovery
- Surgical management of traumatic injuries and burns
- Critical care medicine
- Flail chest
- Hernia surgery
- Rib fixation
- Traumatic brain injury
- Ventilator management
- Ventral hernia
- Abdominal wall reconstruction
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Preferred Blue (PPC)