Eric R. Powers, MD
Eric R. Powers, MD
Eric Randall Powers, MD
Dr. Eric Powers is board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease and interventional cardiology. He is the director of the acute coronary syndrome center and medical director of the cardiology inpatient progressive care unit. His clinical interests are invasive, interventional and general cardiology.
Dr. Powers is a graduate of Harvard Medical School. He did his internal medicine and cardiology training at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. Prior to moving to the Medical University of South Carolina, Dr. Powers was on the faculty and director of the cardiac catheterization laboratories at Columbia University in New York and subsequently at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Dr. Powers' research career has involved both laboratory and clinical research. Areas of research have included acute myocardial infarction, acute coronary syndromes, interventional cardiology, vascular biology, congestive heart failure and valvular heart disease. Dr. Powers has coauthored over one hundred peer-reviewed publications. He is a member of a number of professional societies including the American College of Cardiology, the American Heart Association, and the Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions.
Dr. Powers has served on research and educational committees for these organizations and has served as an editorial consultant for a number of medical journals. He has served on an NIH study section and grant review panels for the American Heart Association and NASA.
Dr. Powers has received a number of teaching, community and clinical awards and has been named as one of America's Top Doctors and one of the Best Doctors in America.
- Medical School at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Internship at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Medical School at Harvard Medical School
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Preferred Blue (PPC)