Mohamed Elshazly, MD
Mohamed Elshazly, MD
Mohamed Badreldin Elshazly, MD
Mohamed (Mo) Elshazly, MD MBEE is a Cardiac Electrophysiology specialist and an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Medical University of South Carolina. He specializes in the diagnosis and management of heart rhythm disorders (electrical abnormalities of the heart). His practice includes implantation, extraction and management of cardiac devices such as pacemakers and defibrillators as well as implantation of left atrial appendage occlusion devices. He also performs minimally-invasive catheter ablation procedures for atrial fibrillation and other arrhythmias.
Dr. Elshazly graduated from Weill Cornell Medical College and completed his residency in internal medicine at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD. He went on to complete his fellowships in Cardiology and Cardiac Electrophysiology at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, OH. He also has a Masters in Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship (MBEE) from Johns Hopkins University.
His research interests center around digital health and remote monitoring of arrhythmias. He is particularly interested in the cardiovascular clinical applications of smart wearable devices and data analytics using artificial intelligence. He has published more than 60 peer reviewed journal articles and book chapters and received several research and teaching awards.
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Weill Cornell Medicine – Qatar Medical School
- Residency at The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Fellowship at Cleveland Clinic Foundation