Robert Ishak, MD
Robert Ishak, MD
Robert Joseph Ishak, MD
Robert Joseph Ishak, M.D., FACP, graduated with a B.S in Biology in 1992 from University of Maryland College Park. He received his doctorate in Medicine from New York Medical College in 1996 and completed his Internal Medicine residency at St Vincent's Hospital Manhattan in 2000.
Dr. Ishak has been practicing ambulatory internal medicine ever since and joined the faculty of University Internal Medicine at MUSC as an assistant professor in May 2021. His clinical practice is located at the offices of Health East Cooper in Mount Pleasant. Previously Dr. Ishak cared for patients in his native Harford County, Maryland, with University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health. He also served as the medical director for Occupational Health for the organization's two hospitals.
Dr. Ishak brings over 20 years of experience in clinical medicine. Desiring a return to academic medicine, he happily joined University Internal Medicine with the opportunity to combine clinical practice with resident and student teaching. He currently resides in Mount Pleasant with his wife and two children.
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators