Paras Malhotra, MD, MD, MBA
Dr. Malhotra is an affiliate assistant professor of medicine at MUSC with the Department of Pulmonary Critical Care, with more than 15 years of clinical experience in medicine. He specializes in treating critically ill patients in the ICU and complex conditions that affect the lungs and respiratory tract, including asthma, lung diseases, pleural effusions, and emphysema. In addition, he has special training in Interventional pulmonary and clinical interest in lung cancer. He performs advanced endoscopic lung procedures to diagnose and treat lung and chest conditions and works with multiple specialties to provide comprehensive care to lung cancer patients.
Dr. Malhotra earned his medical degree at Bangalore Medical College in India and completed a residency in internal medicine at the University of Washington, Seattle. He completed pulmonary, critical care medicine, and interventional pulmonology at the University of Florida in Gainesville. He is board-certified in internal medicine, pulmonary disease, critical care medicine, and interventional pulmonology medicine and completed his MBA from the University of Florida, Gainesville.
He has served as a faculty at the University of Florida and West Virginia University. Before joining MUSC, he served as Medical Director of the bronchoscopy and lung nodule Program at the Presbyterian Health Services in New Mexico.
- Fellowship at University of Florida
- Residency at University of Washington
- Internship at Conemaugh Valley Memorial Center
- Internship at Bangalore Medical College
- Medical School at Bangalore Medical College
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Preferred Blue (PPC)