Nicholas Langan, MD
Nicholas Langan, MD
Nicholas Robert Langan, MD
Dr. Nicholas Langan was born and raised in a small town in central Michigan. He attended the University of Michigan for his undergraduate education, earning a Bachelor of Science with High Honors in Biochemistry. He subsequently obtained his medical degree at The Ohio State University in 2011 and then directly commissioned into the United States Army. As an active duty soldier, he completed his general surgery residency at Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington. He continued his career as chief of general and bariatric surgery at Ft. Benning, Georgia, where he deployed twice as a trauma surgeon in support of Operation Inherent Resolve. Having completed his military service, Dr. Langan now joins the MUSC Lancaster team as a general and acute care surgeon.
Dr. Langan performs a wide range of general surgical procedure with a focus on minimally invasive and laparoscopic techniques. He has a special interest in the surgical treatment of acid reflux/GERD and offers several anti-reflux surgeries. He also performs laparoscopic and open hernia repairs, gallbladder surgery, pilonidal surgery, cancer surgery (including breast, colon, small intestines, and skin), and many others.
Dr. Langan is both clinically and academically accomplished and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He has been published in multiple medical journals and has received numerous faculty awards. As leader of the General Surgery Department at Fort Benning, Dr. Langan led his clinic to multiple Army-wide "Best of the Best Awards" for patient satisfaction. Most recently he was honored for excellence in teaching by the Interservice Physician Assistant Program. He is passionate about physician and patient education and is known for his professional, yet personable interactions.
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Internship at San Antonio Military Medical Center
- Ohio State University College of Medicine Medical School
- Residency at Madigan Army Medical Center