Ryan James Orland, MD
Dr. Orland is a Columbia, South Carolina native and considers himself lucky to be a practicing physician in his hometown. He received his undergraduate degree in Chemistry from the University of South Carolina (UofSC). He then earned his Master of Teaching in secondary science education from UofSC. He taught high school science for a time before returning to UofSC and obtaining his medical degree from the School of Medicine in Columbia. He completed his family medicine residency with Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System where he served as a chief resident in his final year.
Dr. Orland is board-certified in family medicine by the American Board of Family Medicine. He treats hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, depression, anxiety, in addition to other common primary care concerns. He focuses on exercise, healthy eating patterns, and education with his patients. He is particularly interested in quality improvement to pursue the Quadruple Aim of Healthcare and point-of-care ultrasound as an adjunct for physical examination.
When not working with patients at MUSC Health Primary Care, Dr. Orland enjoys spending time with his family, flat-water kayaking, exercising, and playing retro video games.
- Medical School at University of South Carolina School of Medicine
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Preferred Blue (PPC)