Paul Anthony Zimmermann, MD
Dr. Zimmermann is a general cardiologist who specializes in cardiac arrhythmias, pacemakers, and defibrillators. He cares for patients with cardiovascular disease, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathies, congestive heart failure, valvular heart disease, hypertensive heart disease, arrhythmias, atrial fibrillation, and bradycardia.
Dr. Zimmermann grew up in Queens, New York, received his college degree at Georgetown University, and received his medical degree at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse. He trained in Internal Medicine at Brown University-Rhode Island Hospital and Cardiology at the University of Vermont-Fletcher Allen Hospital. He continued sub-specialty training in Cardiac Electrophysiology at the University of Vermont.
He is board-certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, Nuclear Cardiology, and Cardiovascular CT. During his career, he has participated in multiple clinical trials and believes in treatment on the forefront of cardiovascular medicine. He continually strives to make life better for each of his patients. When not working, he enjoys spending time with his family, travel, reading, and his Hoyas.
- Fellowship at Fletcher Allen Health Care
- Fellowship at Medical Center Hosp of Vermond
- Residency at Rhode Island Hosp
- Internship at Rhode Island Hosp
- Medical School at SUNY at Syracuse
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Preferred Blue (PPC)