Thai Ho, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Thai Ho has been caring for patients affected by genitourinary cancers for over 10 years. His area of expertise and the focus of his research is in treating kidney and bladder cancers. He also sees patients with kidney, bladder, upper tract urothelial, and prostate cancers, as well as patients affected by hereditary cancer syndromes. Dr. Ho completed the Baylor College of Medicine Physician Scientist Program in 2006, internal medicine residency at Washington University in St. Louis in 2009, and Medical Oncology Fellowship at MD Anderson Cancer Center in 2012.
Dr. Ho's research is funded by the National Institutes of Health and Department of Defense to better match cancer patients with targeted therapies by using precision medicine approaches to identify a cancer's unique vulnerabilities. At MUSC Hollings Cancer Center, Dr. Ho is the Director of Precision Medicine and an Associate Professor in the Division of Hematology & Oncology. Prior to joining MUSC, Dr. Ho was an Associate Professor faculty the Mayo Clinic where he was a member of the Center for Individualized Medicine Epigenomics Group, Genomic Tumor Board, and von Hippel-Lindau Clinic.
- Management of genitourinary cancers (kidney, upper tract urothelial, bladder, penile, urethral, testicular, prostate)
- Precision medicine
- Tumor microenvironment
- Fellowship at MD Anderson Cancer Center: Medical Oncology
- Residency at Washington University: Internal Medicine
- Medical School at Baylor College of Medicine Physician Scientist Program
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Preferred Blue (PPC)