Susannah Brown, MD
Susannah Brown, MD
Susannah Liberty Brown, MD
Dr. Susannah L. Brown joined the Storm Eye Institute as a clinical assistant professor of ophthalmology in 2021. She is a specialist in oculoplastic surgery and practices as a member of the Storm Eye Institute's oculoplastic surgery division and also serves as director of the Ocular Trauma service.
Dr. Brown received her BS in biology from Bates College. She completed her medical school training at the Medical University of South Carolina. After completion of her internship at Spartanburg Regional Medical Center, she completed her ophthalmology residency training at MUSC's Storm Eye Institute, where she served as chief resident. She then completed her fellowship training in Orbital, Oculoplastic and Aesthetic surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, where she received the Outstanding Clinical Fellow of the Year Award.
Dr. Brown has been recognized for her commitment to patient care with multiple patient-care awards including the prestigious national Veteran's Association ICARE Aware for Distinguished Resident Physician. While in residency training at MUSC, she also received the Program Director's Award, given to the resident who most exemplifies 'the behaviors and attitudes each of us look for in our own personal physician'. During her residency, Dr. Brown was selected by her peers and faculty to serve as chief resident and received the Richard A. Saunders Award for 'academic potential, surgical excellence and outstanding teaching ability.'
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Medical University of South Carolina Medical School
- Internship at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare Systems
- Residency at Medical University of South Carolina
- Fellowship at University of Pittsburg