Susannah Brown, MD
Susannah Brown, MD
Susannah Liberty Brown, MD
Dr. Susannah L. Brown is a board-certified ophthalmologist and a fellowship-trained specialist in oculoplastic surgery. Dr. Brown practices as a member of the Storm Eye Institute's oculoplastic surgery division and previously served as the director of the Ocular Trauma service.
After receiving her Bachelor of Science in Biology from Bates College, Dr. Brown attended medical school training at the Medical University of South Carolina. She completed her internship at Spartanburg Regional Medical Center and her ophthalmology residency training at MUSC's Storm Eye Institute, where she served as chief resident. Dr. Brown continued additional sub-specialty fellowship training in Orbital, Oculoplastic, and Aesthetic surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. She received the Outstanding Clinical Fellow of the Year Award.
Dr. Brown has been recognized for her commitment to patient care with multiple patient-care awards, including the prestigious national Veteran's Association ICARE Aware for Distinguished Resident Physicians. While in residency training at MUSC, she also received the Program Director's Award, given to the resident who exemplifies 'the behaviors and attitudes each of us looks for in our physician.' During her residency, Dr. Brown was selected by her peers and faculty to serve as chief resident and received the Richard A. Saunders Award for 'academic potential, surgical excellence, and outstanding teaching ability.'
- Fellowship at University of Pittsburg
- Residency at Medical University of South Carolina
- Internship at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare Systems
- Medical School at Medical University of South Carolina
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Preferred Blue (PPC)