Lisa Durham Mims, MD, MSCR
Lisa Mims, M.D. is a primary care doctor specializing in family medicine at MUSC Health Primary Care – Daniel Island. She completed both medical school and a family medicine residency at the Medical University of South Carolina. She also earned her Master of Clinical Research from the Medical University of South Carolina. Currently, she splits her time seeing patients on Daniel Island and serving as the program director for the MUSC Family Medicine Residency Program.
She enjoys building longitudinal relationships with patients. For Dr. Mims, it's not only about the medicine, but being a part of her patients' lives. Taking care of whole families, from kids to parents to grandparents; hearing about their lives, vacations, and new grandchildren, brings special purpose to Dr. Mims' practice.
Dr. Mims sees patients of all ages, helping them maintain general wellness and manage chronic conditions. Her clinical interests include women's health, contraception, hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, wellness and prevention, and children's care. Dr. Mims works to help her patients to understand the "why" behind her care plan for them. Some of what we do in medicine results in situations with multiple right answers with varying degrees of evidence. She engages patients in understanding their options to make the best decision together about what may work best for them.
- Contraception and family planning
- Wellness and prevention
- Women's health
- Medical School at Medical University of South Carolina
- Residency at Medical University of South Carolina Medical Center
- Medical School at MUSC College of Medicine
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Preferred Blue (PPC)