Kathryn E Engelhardt, MD, MS
Kathryn E. Engelhardt, M.D. M.S. is a fellowship-trained thoracic surgeon and board-certified general surgeon who specializes in surgery of the lung, airway, esophagus, stomach, chest wall, and mediastinum. She has advanced expertise in cancer care, lung transplantation, and robotic surgery. Whenever possible, Dr. Engelhardt performs surgery using minimally invasive robotic technology, providing optimal outcomes, quicker recoveries, and shorter hospital stays.
Dr. Engelhardt graduated from Cornell University before returning to her home state of Ohio to complete medical school at the University of Cincinnati. She started her post-graduate medical training here at the Medical University of South Carolina in general surgery. After finishing general surgery training, she traveled to Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University in St Louis; a hospital consistently ranked among the best in the country by US News and World Report. There she spent two years in advanced training to specialize in cardiothoracic surgery. She now has brought her expertise back to the low country to serve the people of South Carolina and the surrounding communities.
Dr. Engelhardt has earned numerous awards, including the Curtis P. Antz MUSC Surgical Society Award for Excellence, the MUSC Yarbrough Award for Excellence in Resident Research, the Southeastern Surgical Congress Gold Medal Forum, American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress Excellence in Research, and she was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honors Society.
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Preferred Blue (PPC)