Jason Newman, MD, FACS
Jason Newman, MD, FACS
Jason G. Newman, MD
Jason G. Newman, M.D., FACS received his medical degree from Thomas Jefferson University Medical School in 1997 and completed residencies in Otolaryngology at Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital, New York, NY, (1998-1999), New York Presbyterian Hospital of Columbia and Cornell, and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (1999-2002). Following residency, Dr. Newman completed his fellowship in Head and Neck Surgery/Oncology and Microvascular Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine in 2005. After fellowship, Dr. Newman remained on faculty at Penn, where he was a Professor of Otorhinolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Director of the Cancer Service Line at Pennsylvania Hospital, Director of Head & Neck Surgery, Co-Director of the Cranial Base Center, and Director of the Head and Neck Fellowship.
Dr. Newman is board certified in Otorhinolaryngology and holds membership in the American Academy of Otolaryngology. His areas of expertise include head and neck mucosal and cutaneous cancer surgery, robotic surgery, anterior cranial base surgery and complex thyroid surgery with special interest in minimally invasive approaches. Dr. Newman also is actively involved in research focused on head and neck cancer clinical trials, genetic signatures for head and neck cancer, and quality of life for head and neck cancer and cranial base patients.
As the Director of the Cancer Service Line of the Abramson Cancer Center at Pennsylvania Hospital, Dr. Newman has helped to create a disease-based team approach to cancer care delivery and research. This has helped to strengthen the delivery of cancer care, improve patient outcomes, create leadership pathways, increase patient volumes, increase access to clinical trials, and minimize variations in the delivery of care.
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Residency at New York Presbyterian Hospital of Cornell and Columbia
- Fellowship at University of Pennsylvania
- Residency at Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital
- Internship at Pennsylvania Hospital
- Medical School at Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University