Jared White, MD
Jared White, MD
Jared Adam White, MD
Jared A. White, MD, FACS, received his undergraduate degree from Millsaps College in Jackson, Mississippi, graduating magna cum laude with Honors in Chemistry and was a starting linebacker for the Millsaps Majors football team.
Dr. White completed medical school at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center after being inducted into AOA. He completed his general surgery residency at the University of Alabama in Birmingham (UAB) where he served as the Administrative Chief Resident, and subsequently completed his abdominal transplant surgery fellowship at UAB. He remained on faculty for 5 years with promotion to Associate Professor and was an associate program director for the UAB general surgery residency program. He joined the faculty at MUSC in 2019 as the Surgical Director of the Liver Transplant program.
Dr. White specializes in the management of complications of cirrhosis and end-stage liver disease, including the evaluation and selection of patients for liver transplantation. He has achieved outstanding results in his liver transplant recipients. In addition, Dr. White specializes in minimally invasive left and right hepatic lobectomies, as well as open major liver resections for malignant indications such as: cholangiocarcinoma; hepatocellular carcinoma; colorectal and neuroendocrine liver metastases; and, other metastatic tumors to the liver as indicated. He also takes care of benign tumors such as hepatic adenoma, hemangioma, focal nodular hyperplasia, and giant hepatic cysts as indicated.
Dr. White has particular expertise performing complex biliary procedures from bile duct injuries and cancers that obstruct the biliary tree, including those that require vascular resection and reconstruction. He also performs numerous general surgery procedures such as hernia repair, bowel and colon resection, soft tissue tumor resection, dialysis vascular access, radical kidney resection with removal of vena cava clot, and vena cava replacement.
Dr. White's research interests include the use of multidisciplinary liver directed therapies in the management of hepatocellular carcinoma, optimizing outcomes with liver transplantation, and innovations in general surgery resident education.
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Liver cancer
- Pediatric transplant
- General surgery in transplant patients
- Chronic liver disease
- Gallbladder cancer
- Hernia surgery
- Kidney transplant
- Liver failure
- Liver masses
- Liver transplant
- Fellowship at The University of Alabama Hospital at Birmingham
- Internship at The University of Alabama Hospital at Birmingham
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine Medical School
- Residency at The University of Alabama Hospital at Birmingham