Isis Raulino Scomacao, MDExisting Patients - Schedule Now
Isis Raulino Scomacao, MD
Dr. Isis Scomacao is a plastic surgeon whose interests include state-of-the-art breast and other oncological reconstructions, surgical treatment of lymphedema, microsurgery, and general reconstruction, as well as scientific research and documentation of innovative practices and procedures that may improve patient outcomes and overall quality of life. She also loves cosmetic plastic surgery and brings her elite Brazilian training and aesthetics to every procedure.
Dr. Scomacao earned her MD in Brazil in 2007, followed by a general surgery residency and then a plastic surgery residency that she completed in 2012 in Curitiba, Brazil. She received the prestigious Farid Hakme Award for placing second in the nation on the Brazilian plastic surgery board examination and was also awarded the ASAPS North American Plastic Surgery Fellowship that same year, where she was invited to study with and observe some of the United States' most recognized aesthetic plastic surgeons.
Before moving to the US in 2016, Dr. Scomacao practiced in both the public and private sectors. In her public-hospital based practice, her focus was on post-cancer breast and general reconstruction while in her private practice, the majority of her cases were aesthetic and post-bariatric.
Inspired by her North American Plastic Surgery Fellowship and after a few years of practice in her home country, Dr. Scomacao decided to pursue further training in the US at the Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, where she completed a series of fellowships in microsurgery (including supermicrosurgery), craniofacial surgery, and surgical wound care.
Dr. Scomacao has produced numerous peer-reviewed publications and professional presentations and is a peer reviewer for the prestigious Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal.
- Post-traumatic reconstruction
- Body contouring
- Breast cancer surgical management
- Breast surgery - cosmetic (augmentation/lift) and reconstruction (implant)
- Cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery including DIEP flap
- Craniofacial anomalies
- Facial reconstruction
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Preferred Blue (PPC)