Ernest Benjamin Clyburn, MD
This provider is a board-certified internist who only sees patients ages 18 and older. If the patient is under 18 years of age, please select a different primary care provider. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Dr. Benjamin Clyburn is an associate professor of medicine at the Medical University of South Carolina. After receiving his medical degree from MUSC, Dr. Clyburn completed his residency and chief resident year at the Bowman-Gray School of Medicine/North Carolina Baptist Hospital.Dr. Clyburn is a member of the Society of General Medicine, the Association of Program Directors of Internal Medicine and the Charleston County Medical Society. He is a fellow of the American College of Physicians, and was chosen by his students and peers to be a member of Alpha Omega Alpha, the medical honor society. He has been the recipient of a number of other honors including Best Doctors of America and the Golden Apple Award. Dr. Clyburn serves as the program director of MUSC’s internal medicine residency program and as the vice chairman for graduate medical education.He continues to have an active medical practice focusing on the care of adults in the general internal medicine setting with a special interest in hypertension.
- Residency at The North Carolina Baptist Hospitals, Inc.
- Internship at The North Carolina Baptist Hospitals, Inc.
- Medical School at MUSC College of Medicine
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Preferred Blue (PPC)