Donna Rae Roberts, MD, MS
Donna Roberts, M.D., MS, recently joined the International Space Station National Laboratory (ISSNL) as the Deputy Chief Scientist, where she assists the Chief Scientist in developing long-term microgravity research goals for the ISSNL.
In addition, Dr. Roberts is a Professor in the Department of Radiology and Radiological Science at the Medical University of South Carolina. In addition to clinical work as a practicing neuroradiologist, she has served as principal investigator for several NASA-funded studies investigating the impact of spaceflight on the human brain during long stays in microgravity. She also conducted several industry-sponsored clinical trials and served as aninternational principal investigator for a multi-national MRI contrast agent drug trial. She previously worked in Washington, DC, for Lockheed Engineering and Sciences Company, providing program management support to the NASA Life Sciences Division at NASA Headquarters. Dr. Roberts has served as a voting member of the FDA's Medical Imaging Drugs Advisory Committee. She has authored numerous peer-reviewed scientific papers and has given TedX talks describing her research. She has won several awards, including the International Space Station Compelling Results Award from the American Astronautical Society in 2018.
Dr. Roberts holds an M.D. degree from the Medical University of South Carolina, a master of science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Colorado, and a bachelor of science in Computer Engineering from Clemson University. She completed residency training in Radiology at the Medical University of South Carolina and a fellowship in Neuroradiology at the University of California, San Francisco.
- Fellowship at UCSF Medical Center
- Residency at Medical University of South Carolina Medical Center
- Internship at Medical University of South Carolina Medical Center
- Medical School at MUSC College of Medicine
- Medical School at University of Colorado
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Preferred Blue (PPC)