Dane Nicholas Daley, MD
Dr. Dane Daley is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in hand and upper extremity surgery, peripheral nerve surgery, brachial plexus surgery, and congenital hand surgery. He has special interests in targeted muscle reinnervation for patients with painful upper and lower extremity amputations as well as patients with tetraplegia, cerebral palsy, and upper extremity and hand contractures following cerebral vascular accidents or other neurological insults. He also surgically treats the full gambit of orthopedic hand injuries and pathologies from the elbow to the fingertip. Dr. Daley enjoys managing complex upper extremity trauma at our level 1 trauma center and working alongside his orthopedic colleagues for multidisciplinary care.
Dr. Dane Daley is an assistant professor and the division chair of the orthopedic hand and microvascular surgery department at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) and is joined by his 'partner in crime' Dr. Charles Daly, who is the perfect partner. Together the two cover the upper extremity from the brachial plexus to the fingertip.
Dr. Dane Daley hails from Knoxville, TN, and completed his undergraduate degree in Biology at Maryville College, where he also played football. He then matriculated from East Tennessee State University Medical School. He graduated with his orthopedic surgical residency from MUSC. He completed a prestigious fellowship at OrthoCarolina in Charlotte, NC, where his focus was on brachial plexus surgery, targeted muscle reinnervation, and congenital hand deformities, amongst all other aspects of hand surgery. During his fellowship, he spent time in Florianopolis, Brazil, with a world-renowned brachial plexus surgeon.
Dr. Dane Daley has continued to lead residents in orthopedic surgical mission work in Bonne Fin, Haiti, and this is a significant focus of his career. He has received numerous awards for research during his academic career and continues to lead orthopedic residents in the field of Hand Surgery. He is the president of the Charleston Hand Society, which entails a quarterly meeting with regional hand surgeons to review all things surrounding hand surgery. Dr. Daley desires to improve the quality of hand surgery provided to patients in the Charleston area.
- Amputees and targeted muscle reinnervation
- Brachial plexus injuries including birth palsy
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Congenital hand deformities
- Dupuytrens disease
- Hand and wrist surgery
- Orthopaedic trauma surgery
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Trigger finger
- Upper extremity contractures
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Preferred Blue (PPC)