Charlotte Ivey Rivers, MD
Dr. Charlotte Rivers is a board-certified radiation oncologist specializing in the treatment of central nervous system, hematological, and skin cancers. She is experienced in the use of Gamma Knife radiosurgery for the treatment of brain metastases, as well as other conditions including meningiomas, arteriovenous malformations, acoustic neuromas, and trigeminal neuralgia. Dr. Rivers serves as a member of the multi-disciplinary central nervous system team, and works closely with neuro-oncology and neurosurgery in the treatment of patients with primary brain tumors. She also works in coordination with the hematology teams to provide total body irradiation (TBI) for both adult and pediatric patients needing bone marrow transplants.
Dr. Rivers has published clinical research in the field of Gamma Knife radiosurgery which has been presented at several national and international conferences. She joined the team at MUSC in 2019, and is happy to be back in her home state to help bring the best care possible to the people of South Carolina. She is passionate about teaching and is very involved in resident education.
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Preferred Blue (PPC)