Ashley Hink, MD, MPH
Ashley Hink, MD, MPH
Ashley Bailey Hink, MD, MPH
Dr. Ashley Hink is a general, trauma and critical care surgeon that specializes in the care of people with injuries, burns and critical illness. She also cares for general surgical problems including hernias and gallbladder diseases. She values providing the highest quality, evidence-based surgical and medical care to all her patients. She also values providing compassionate care, and having open communication with patients and their families so they can feel empowered to make informed decisions in their health care. She enjoys providing medical and surgical care for a diverse patient population and making all patients feel welcomed and cared for.
Dr. Hink attended medical school at the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, completed her general surgery residency at the Medical University of South Carolina, and obtained a Master of Public Health Degree at Emory. She attended the University of Washington in Seattle, WA to complete her Trauma and Surgical Critical Care fellowship at Harborview Medical Center. This busy, level I trauma center provided extra training in trauma and surgical critical care, and she obtained additional experience in managing soft tissue infections, penetrating trauma, burns, respiratory and heart failure requiring ECMO (temporary lung and heart bypass), pediatric critical care and palliative care for individuals with severe illness and injury. She now cares for patients at MUSC, which is home to the only American College of Surgeons Verified Level I trauma center in the low-country region of SC.
In addition to her clinical interests and surgical practice, she has a special research interest in injury and violence prevention, and recovery after trauma. She serves on the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma (ACS COT) Injury Prevention Committee, working on research and advocacy efforts that aim to reduce violent injuries and suicides. Her work has been published in scientific journals, and she has won awards for her leadership in surgery and humanism in medicine.
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Surgical management of traumatic injuries and burns
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Laparoscopic surgery