Arman Kilic, MD
Dr. Arman Kilic is an associate professor of surgery in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at MUSC. He serves as the surgical director of the Heart Failure and Heart Transplant Program. He is board certified in both cardiothoracic surgery and general surgery.
Dr. Kilic graduated from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. He subsequently trained in general surgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital where he served as administrative chief resident. He completed his fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery at the University of Pennsylvania. He has won several awards including the John L. Cameron Award for Technical Excellence in Surgery, the Frank Coulson Jr. Award for Clinical Excellence, and the Society of Thoracic Surgeons President's Award.
Dr. Kilic has published over 250 manuscripts and is the editor of several major textbooks. He has served in multiple leadership positions for national societies and is on the editorial board of the Annals of Thoracic Surgery, the Journal of Cardiac Surgery, PLOS ONE, and the Journal of Thoracic Disease. He is a regularly invited faculty lecturer at national and international meetings. He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American College of Cardiology. He is a member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, the American Heart Association, the Southern Thoracic Surgical Association, and the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation. He has mentored numerous medical students and surgical trainees and has received grant funding from the National Institutes of Health and the Thoracic Surgery Foundation.
Dr. Kilic's clinical practice encompasses the entire spectrum of heart surgery for adults, including coronary artery bypass surgery, valve repair or replacement, heart transplantation, and ventricular assist devices. He has particular expertise in high-risk operations, advanced coronary surgery techniques including off-pump and multi-arterial coronary bypass surgery, surgery for heart failure, and minimally invasive procedures.
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Preferred Blue (PPC)