A. Craig Lockhart, MD, MHS
Dr. Albert Lockhart has been caring for patients with gastrointestinal cancers for over 20 years. His particular areas of expertise and the focus of his research is in treating gastric and esophageal cancers. He also sees patients with colorectal and pancreatic cancers.
Dr. Lockhart's research aims to bring new therapies to cancer patients by conducting clinical research studies involving new treatment approaches and personalized medicine.
At MUSC Hollings Cancer Center, Dr. Lockhart is the Director of the Division of Hematology & Oncology and Associate Director for Clinical Science. Prior to joining MUSC, Dr. Lockhart was on the faculty and in leadership roles at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Washington University in St. Louis/Siteman Cancer Center, and at Vanderbilt University/Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center.
Dr. Lockhart graduated from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School at Dallas in 1993. He completed residency training at Barnes Hospital at Washington University, fellowship training in hematology/oncology at Duke University, and a fellowship in drug development at GlaxoSmithKline in the North Carolina Research Triangle Park. He also earned a master's of health science (MHS) in clinical trials at Duke University. He completed his undergraduate degree, a bachelor's degree in biology, from Rice University.
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Preferred Blue (PPC)