Bashir Lone, MD
Bashir Lone, MD
Bashir Ahmad Lone, MD
Dr. Lone is an esteemed board-certified interventional cardiologist and endovascular specialist at the MUSC Health Heart and Vascular Center. He previously served in the same roles at LifePoint, Providence Hospital and South Carolina Heart Center, and as director of echocardiography previously. In addition, he served as a clinical assistant professor at USC School of Medicine, Columbia, SC.
Dr. Lone is a Fellow of the Society of Coronary Angiography and Intervention (FSCAI), the American College of Cardiology (FACC), and the American College of Physicians. (FACP). He has completed several clinical studies and is currently involved in many research studies in cardiology and peripheral vascular disease.
Dr. Lone received a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Doctor of Medicine (MD) from Government Medical College Srinagar, Kashmir. He did a postdoctoral fellowship and was a registrar in internal medicine at the same institute. He then served as a senior resident in internal medicine at SK Institute of Medical Sciences. Dr. Lone was a recipient of National Merit Scholarship and was honored with Gold Medals for First Rank in Physiology, Otorhinolaryngology and Obstetrics and Gynecology, and two Certificates of Merit from Government Medical College.
Dr. Lone did his residency in internal medicine at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine affiliated Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center in Bronx, NY., followed by a fellowship in cardiovascular diseases at Montefiore Medical Center, the University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine and later fellowship in interventional cardiology at State University of New York / Downstate Health Sciences Center Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Lone has been consistently one of the busiest interventional cardiovascular specialists in Carolinas performing drug coated balloon angioplasty, atherectomy, shock wave lithotripsy and stenting.
Attributing his success to his teachers and mentors, Dr. Lone remains passionate about caring for his patients and saving lives.
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
- Government Medical Center Medical School
- Internship at Government Medical College
- Residency at Government Medical center
- Residency at SK Institute of Medical Sciences
- Residency at Bronx Lebanon Hosp
- Fellowship at Government Medical center
- Fellowship at Montefiore medical center
- Fellowship at Suny downstate Medical